Sunday, December 16, 2007

Manila Day 4

Today had a good experience @ work. One unknown person sent a warning email saying they going to attack us. Minutes after, the hackers did the ATTACK!! They used an attack called DDOS, it’s a hacking technique that can bring the servers down L Luckily, our systems are able to handle the flooding connections, the attack holds for 1hr. We believed that was just a first wave attack to test our system. Heard from my colleagues that we had several attacks in the past, they even blackmail for money!!

In my previous post, I did mention on Vincent. Today is his last day, went out at around 2am to have a supper at a restaurant called Ping Mang. Hm, the food ain’t that fantastic but still, our stomach almost exploded haha.

Oh yeah, let’s talk more about the interview on the maid. I was surprised when I opened the door, the one come for interview brought 3 more maids who are her friends and employed by the company. Okay that’s not all, I invited them in and sat down at dining table, they started off by talking about ALLOWANCE. I’m shocked but I’m cool with it. She wanted 3000Peso/mth which is S$100/mth. Bring up more people won’t gives me any threat and after all the negotiations, I only manage to cut to 2500Peso L and this amount I pay is more than what my colleagues paid they maid. Okay nvm, next is going to monitor her performance.

No comments: